This November, we are holding THREE Thanksgiving events:
- To overcome transportation barriers, so that more foster care youth/alumni can attend
- To continue building up regional networks to Connect & Transform
- To truly hold a statewide celebration that reaches as many foster care youth and alumni as possible
1.) SOUTHWEST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Southwest Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Cincinnati:
- Sunday, November 14, 2010, from noon - 3 pm
- The Phoenix, 812 Race Street, Cincinnati OH 45202
Sponsors include: Cincinnati Works, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Bob Mecum of Lighthouse Youth Services and Richter & Phillips Jewelers
2.) NORTHEAST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Northeast Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Cleveland:
- Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010, from 1-3 pm
- Antioch Baptist Church, 8869 Cedar Ave., Cleveland OH 44016
Sponsors include: Cuyahoga County Children Services, Village Network
3.) CENTRAL/SOUTHEAST OHIO THANKSGIVING
The Central/Southeast Ohio Thanksgiving will take place in Columbus:
- Sunday, Nov. 21, 2010, from 1-5:30 pm
- Schneider Multi-purpose Room, 1 College & Main, Capital University, Bexley OH
The Ohio chapter of Foster Care Alumni of America greatly appreciates the many sponsors who have stepped forward this fall to make ALL THREE Thanksgiving events happen!
Ohio CASA provided decorations for all three Thanksgiving events.
Village Network co-sponsored both the NE and Central Thanksgivings
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption's generosity made the SW Thanksgiving venue possible.
Stay tuned for additional information about our fabulous sponsors....