In recognition of National Foster Care Month, and in gratitude for the family and friends in your life, please join me in making a gift to Foster Care Alumni of America of $35, $50, $75 or $100. Every dollar will impact FCAA’s ability to improve the lives of the 450,000 youth in foster care right now. Please give as generously as you are able
1) Make a secure, tax-deductible gift online by clicking the box below:
2) Send your gift to FCAA by mail to:
Foster Care Alumni of America
901 N. Washington Street, Suite 208
Alexandria, VA 22314
3) Give at work! If you are a federal employee or military personnel, you can make a gift to FCAA through your workplace by participating in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Designate #61788 today!
4) Give in honor or in memory of someone special in your life. When you indicate that your gift is in honor or memory of a loved one or friend, FCAA will send a note to the individual or the family notifying them of your gift.
5) Inquire whether your company offers matching gifts. Many companies offer matching gift programs. To find out if your company will match a gift to FCAA, contact your personnel, human resources, or community relations department. Then send your company matching gift form to FCAA at the address above.
6) Give a gift of stock. Publicly traded securities such as stocks and bonds can be transferred to FCAA as your gift. Gifts of stocks and bonds entitle you to a tax deduction for the full market value of the securities, and you avoid capital gains taxes. To make a gift of stock, call the FCAA office at (703) 299-6767.
7) Include FCAA in your will or estate plan. The simplest form of a legacy gift — one that is left to a charity in your will — is known as a bequest. Bequests often allow you to make a sizable gift that might not be possible during your lifetime. A bequest has several advantages:
• It is 100 percent deductible for estate tax purposes;
• It may place your estate in a lower estate tax bracket; and
• It will allow FCAA to include your bequest intentions in plans for the legacy donor club.
In a simple bequest, you give a stated amount to FCAA without attaching any conditions. Simple bequest language might read as follows:
I give and bequeath to Foster Care Alumni of America (Federal Tax ID# 76-0764462), a charitable organization duly existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and located at 901 N. Washington Street, Suite 208, Alexandria, Virginia, $________________ (indicate either the dollar amount of the gift, the percentage of your estate, or a description of the securities or real property you wish to donate) to be used as the Foster Care Alumni of America Board of Directors may determine.
For more information on bequests and the legacy donor program, contact the FCAA office at (703) 299-6767.